Saturday, November 15, 2014

Tiered Brown Dress

Presenting: An adorable Dolly to brighten your morning!




This dress has the same bodice as the Falling Leaves Jumper (considering I based the jumper off of this bodice pattern!) but I added self-drafted long sleeves to make it more cold weather appropriate.


The skirt is made up of strips of fabric gathered to the one above it. Nothing complicated.



Handpicked zipper and a hook and eye keep everything closed. The trousers are made using McCall's 6877 just a little shorter than the last ones, but with longer ruffles and eyelet lace.

Do not let this cheesy grin get you. . . This is the face she makes after chucking weeds at me!





Details for the Avid Seamstress:
Fabric: Quilting cotton from Joann
Pattern: Bodice: New Look 6493 Trousers: McCall's 6877
Notes: I really like this trousers pattern. I have made around seven pairs of trousers from it and it is amazing! I can easily customize it depending on my needs (as you will see). The bodice pattern is a great basic. It needs a little adjustment to eliminate the gaping at the front bodice neck, but other than that it is perfect.

That's all folks!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment