Friday, November 7, 2014

Falling Leaves Jumper

Hello All,

     Today I have something a little different to show you. With the progression of my sewing skills, I find myself called upon to use them for the benefit of my family. I do random repairs and make requested garment when needed. This season, my amateur expertise has been required to craft my littlest sister's fall wardrobe (excluding t-shirts and undergarments).
     Therefore, I have decided to do a blog series called Little Dreamer's Wardrobe. If you do not care to peruse the posts devoted to toddler clothes, have no fear, this is not going to cause a cessation of regular sewing posts. I actually have a couple more blog posts in the works. For now, I introduce you to the Falling Leaves Jumper and my little sister who; hereafter, shall be referred to as: Dolly.




Using the bodice of New Look 6493 as a starting point, I drafted a simple A-line jumper. I completely lined the jumper to give it a little more warmth for the winter months.


For the appliqués, I used some sketches I drew as templates and then used Heat'n Bond to adhere the fabric to the jumper. After that I used a bar tack (or button hole) stitch to outline them and give the leaves veins. 



I also made the trousers using McCall's 6877, which I lengthened by several inches to make them full-length instead of capris.




Details:
Patterns: Jumper: Self-drafted; Trousers: McCalls 6877
Fabric: Quilting cotton from Joann
Trim: Jumper: Lace from my stash; Trousers: Ivory lace from Joann
Appliques: Scraps from stash and Heat'n Bond from Walmart

That's it for today, I will hopefully have another post up in a couple days!

~Emily

P.S.
Have you heard about Colette Patterns new online magazine: Seamwork? I am actually looking forward to reading it! Also, if you sign up for the preview list you will be entered into a giveaway for a year's gift subscription of the magazine which will include twenty-four digital patterns! And if you use my link to sign up for the preview, I will get an extra entry. Whether you sign up for the preview or not, you should definitely look at the plans for this magazine, it looks like it is going to be pretty amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment