Sunday, November 30, 2014

Cherries and Fall Leaves

Hello,
      Cherries + Leaves + Jumper + Dolly = Cute! Here is another outfit I made for Dolly. Actually, this cherry jumper was the first top that I made. It was just a trial run to make sure that it would be satisfactory for my mum. Needless to say, she considered it acceptable.




What can I say? This is the same pattern that I used for the Falling Leaves Jumper just shorter.


I sketched out the pattern for the cherries and then just used my sketch as the pattern. I appliquéd them to the jumper and added the rick-rack trim last because my mum thought it would be cute.


The trousers were made using McCall's 6877, but I added width to them to give a "harem pants" look. I gathered the leg bottoms into a piece of bias binding and then added the crochet trim.





This was really a simple outfit to make. I am pleased with the results and, what's more, so is my mum!




Here is a close-up of the trim:


And here is a picture of my tags that I have been making and adding into nearly every project:


Details For The Avid Seamstress:

Fabric: Quilting cotton from Joann (surprise, surprise. . .)
Pattern: Jumper: Self-drafted Trousers: McCall's 6877
Notions: Rick-Rack trim from Joann

Until Next Time!

~Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment