Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Dimples and Green Twirly Dress

Well, well, well. 
Things have been quiet about this old blog of mine. I have been rather busy during the past month or so since I last posted. I decided that I was going to make the majority of my Christmas gifts this year. A brilliant idea I know, except for the fact that I did not start making anything until about mid November. Now a normal person would think that that would be plenty of time to complete a few different projects. As we all know, I am not a normal person. I decided to begin knitting two unnamed objects which were both rather large undertakings. 
Add to that the fact that I decided to make Photographer Sister and myself some semi-matching Christmas dresses. We did not decide upon the pattern until about a week ago. Then I had to sew up some test versions and we both had to wear them to see how we liked the fit. Plus I am sewing a bag for each of my little brothers (there are four) and finishing up Dolly's Christmas dress. To sum it up, I have been rather preoccupied. Thankfully I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I have finished everything except for the aforementioned Christmas dresses, (which I will be working on today) one other project, and adding the finishing touches (buttons, blocking and weaving in ends) to the knitting projects. 
I am planning a Christmas dresses post, Christmas presents (my gifts to others) post, and possibly a Black Friday/Birthday/Christmas presents (to me) "haul" post or vlog. 

To tide you all over until then, I have another of Dolly's dresses to share with you. I shall allow you to enjoy the cuteness without a ton of comments since I have already overloaded you with my verbosity!

I had to add these pictures even though they do not really show the dress. I thought they were too cute to eliminate!

Notes For The Avid Seamstress:
Fabric: Quilting cotton from Joann.
Pattern: Dress Bodice: The same as this dress. Trousers: McCall's 6877 with some significant changes. 
Notions: Zipper, hook and eye, self-fabric bias binding, and hand crochet trim on the trousers
Notes: This dress was a very basic make. The entire thing is basically a replica of this dress except that I fixed the gaping at the neckline by removing a couple of inches from the flat pattern. The bodice (and sleeves) is fully lined to hide all the annoying little seams. The skirt is just a bunch of long rectangles of varying widths gathered into the tier above. As I said, this was quite easy, especially compared to making clothes for myself! If you all want a tutorial on how I made this dress I would be glad to provide one.

All righty! I'm off to finish up my projects. I'll hopefully be back in a few days.


*All pictures taken by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment