Saturday, May 2, 2015

Me-Made-May '15: Days One and Two

Dear Readers,
      It is that time of year again. Me-Made-May '15 is up and running! Here is my official pledge:
     
      'I, Emily of Vintage Dreamer, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I shall endeavour to wear at least one piece of me-made clothing each day for the duration of May 2015'

The first two days have already come and gone. For Day One I wore my first variation of Simplicity 1460: 





This will probably be the last time you see this dress as it is. The skirt was made out of an old sheet shortly after I began sewing, and it really needs to be replaced. The bodice, surprisingly, is still in perfect condition, so I will eventually take this apart and add a different skirt. I already have the plans in my head!

Day Two:
  I was quite happy to wear my favorite By Hand London Anna dress today. The link to the original post is here.


This was actually my first attempt at the "famous" Anna Dress. Funnily, this is the version I wear the most. But then again, what's not to like? It is pink and flowery with my first invisible zipper. It was also easy to make. It's a win-win situation.

Shoes: Payless




This last picture is a blurry close-up of my attempt at a '60's inspired hair-do. I tried to make a bit of a mini beehive, (I even teased my hair a bit! Shocking, I know. . .) but as you can see, it wasn't an entire success. Ah, well. To fall back on a rather cliche saying: At least I tried.


Thank you for stopping by. I am going to go pin-curl my hair. Ta-ta!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment