Monday, June 23, 2014

Excuses for a Late Post

Howdy all!
I have been feeling very uninspired in the sewing department, so apart from a little bit of work on some trousers for my sister and a minor repair for my dad, I have done absolutely nothing in that area. 
Photographer Sister's Trousers



On the other hand, I have recently become quite enthralled with knitting. I've been knitting since I was taught by a kindly church friend when I was between seven and ten. I never knitted anything more exciting than garter stitch scarves and a baby blanket. Knitting has pretty much been on the back burner for quite some time now. Until the past few months in which I started one sweater but ended up frogging it, and contemplated a couple other projects.
    I started knitting the "famous" Miette cardigan pattern by Andi Satterlund on June 4th. I have not had much success in the past with knitting patterns, but with this one it all just clicked! I have been knitting like crazy since then. As a matter of fact, I have finished the body and started on the sleeves. I'm pretty excited about it!

If you have not noticed, yes, I flubbed the ribbing because I was not sure how to do the k1fbl or p1fbl. Then I procured a book from the library that soon cleared up that misunderstanding. Considering it does not look all bad, I decided that it was going to be just fine as it is. A little weird, yet almost artistic!




On Monday my mom took us children to the beach, we were there from around 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Needless to say, we were all varying shades of red when we arrived home. Due to the painful sunburns, Tuesday was a pretty lazy day around the house. I went errand running and purchased a couple little trinkets which are below:



Yesterday was more normal with school, housework, and a little more errand running, today has been much the same.

I do not really have a valid excuse for a delayed blog post other than extreme laziness and being entirely lacking in desire to sew. I am hoping to finish up a couple of projects in the next few days, but we will see!

P.S.
I apologize for the wacky picture widths compared with the text. I am still trying to figure everything out about my blog. It will get better!


~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment