Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

      I hope you all had a fantastic Valentine's day. Mine was filled with chocolate, caramel, sewing (I am making Photographer Sister a "Valentine's dress that should be up on the blog tomorrow.), a little Downton Abbey(I am not particularly fond of the new season so far. . .), and lots of laughter. I wanted to pop in to wish you all a lovely day and show you my outfit. It is not overtly Valentinesy, as you will see, but I thought it worked out rather well.

These pictures were a rather last minute decision so please excuse the silliness!
If you had not noticed, this is my Christmas dress, but as I said in that post, I made is so that it could be worn multiple different ways. I have actually worn it more than I expected when I made it!

I paired it with an oversized button-up shirt (it used to be my dad's that he gave to my mum, who then passed it on to me, in case you were curious!) that would make it's near sleevelessness more compatible with the chilly weather that we have been having recently.




My hair is just a simple "milkmaid do" I randomly decided to do that actually ended up turning out okay.


Dress: Me-made
Button-Up: Old
Hair Flower: Me-made

These are a couple of the treats we had today:

Chocolate Strawberries

Chocolate dipped pretzels.
Here is the picture I posted on my Instagram.

Anyways. . . 

Happy Valentine's Day!!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment